Wind. Perhaps the biggest enemy of the cyclist. It can make progress a lot more difficult and sometimes no matter which direction you go, its always of the head variety, particularly when all you want is to see its shy friend the tailwind! Anyway the other problem it gives you is chill - and this is where the Repel Bibtight comes into play.
It makes use of some very clever C-Change™ fabric technology from Swiss manufacturer Schoeller which adapts to conditions to maintain a pleasant and level body climate. For example in a conventional wind proof tight you may experience over heating on a long climb due to the lack of cooling airflow over the exterior of the fabric and its lack of breath ability keeping the extra body heat created by your efforts trapped inside as well. In this same scenario in the Repel, the c-change fabric will actually open up and increase its breath ability enabling you to stay cool and comfortable. On the descent of this same hill, as your effort levels are lower and you start to cool, the fabric will detect this, closing up again to become windproof once more and keep you warm. As I said, its clever stuff and has to be experienced to be truly appreciated!
The short video below demonstrates how the fabric works:
- Most suited to an aggressive road riding position
- Elastic interface® performance pad Carbonium Red
- Highly breathable, water and wind repellent fabrics by Schoeller®
- Unique c_change™ membrane ensures a pleasant body climate
- Super Roubaix fabric panels for comfort
- 4-way stretch panelling cut for optimal comfort and performance
- Flexible mesh upper improves pad stability
- Ergonomically designed flat fit footloops
- Zipped front to assist with comfort breaks
- Reflective Chapeau! badge and leg details
- Designed and tested in the UK by real cyclists
- Manufactured in Portugal